Ok, if you are an Organic Novice, the below should be a good starter:
Organic farming is not a recent fad. In India, prior to 1960/70s (Green Revolution), everything was organic. It involves traditional methods where natural fertilizers are used to feed soil and plants, and crop rotation and natural means (No chemicals & toxic pesticides) are used to manage weeds.
In two words “Stay Healthy”.
- Organic foods are packed with vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants. Since they are chemical free, you can eat your fruits and veggies with the skin on (maximum nutrition). It tastes better of course.
- Avoid synthetic chemicals from entering your body. 400+ chemical pesticides (many banned in western countries) are routinely used in conventional farming in India. The residues remain on food even after washing. Studies have linked pesticides to everything from headaches to cancer to birth defects.
- Technical factors: Organic farming relies on proven traditional practices which are more labor & management intensive (no shortcuts) compared to conventional farming.
- Economic factors: Awareness is still very less about organic food and hence demand is less. It is not mass produced yet. It is still grown in pockets and is therefore logistically expensive to source. Organic farmers do not receive any subsidies like conventional farmers do. So farmers need that slight premium to motivate them to move to organic.
- While Organic in general can get expensive, but at Yog Organic we keep the margin on many of the produce low. So on an average customers will pay about 25% more than produce with chemicals. On an average about Rs. 500 to Rs. 1700 Per Month. Even lesser, if one makes use of our prepaid scheme.
- To put it in context, a dinner at a fancy restaurant lightens the pocket by Rs. 2-5K. Whereas, the additional cost of purchasing organic products from Yog Organic will be about Rs. 500- Rs. 1500 per month.
- We are in this to promote organic farming and make a difference. Not to make a quick buck. We have stood the test of time. We have been serving customers for past 2 yrs in Guwahati successfully.
- We work with cooperatives who help farmers convert to organic and help them get certified. In select cases where it is not certified (cost of certification is expensive for a small farmer), we handpick trusted farmers and ensure we do random checks on their practices.
- For some products, not necessarily for all, customers can make out if it is organic from the taste and the time it takes to cook (example Carrots, cabbage,etc).
Yog Organic Team personally goes and hand picks the produce and delivers only those items that are of good quality. We can say with confidence that our products are better than those currently available in the market. If you are not happy with the product for any reason, you can exchange or get a refund.
All your refunds are credited to your Yog Organic account wallet as per request or whenever there are items undelivered or orders that are cancelled from our end but for which payments have been received .
Note : No refunds are made to Bank Accounts
You can request for a refund at email@example.com or whatsapp us at +91-8979846877 .
- Typically, organic fruits & vegetables may not be as “good-looking” (vis-à-vis color, shape and size ~ the way nature intended) as regular produce. But you can be sure that it is pure and grown without harmful elements. In fact you should question any product which looks perfect in color, shape and size.
- Say hello to occasional worms. Some produce like cauliflower, broccoli may have worms inside, even though they look ok from outside. It just proves that it is organic & no pesticides are used. Nothing to worry, one can wash worms away by putting the produce in warm water with some turmeric.
- Taste of Organic Produce will vary depending on the soil & water of the location where it is grown.
Currently we don’t have a dedicated customer service number.In case of any quality or payment issues or any questions, best would be to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you will typically get a response within 1-3 days. The inbox is handled personally by the founders, so you can be assured, each of your email will be given utmost attention.
We can drop the bag with your security, neighbour or outside the house (if it is secure). Boys have been instructed to check and keep the produce. In case any item is missed upon receiving, you can drop us an email regarding it and we will note for adjustment.
We are still a small outfit with limited delivery infrastructure. So it will be a challenge for us to reschedule the deliveries as of now.
Our primary intent is to supply fresh and good quality veggies to you, however, since we harvest based on order and these are naturally grown products at times it may not be possible even though an order has been placed. We notify via sms prior to delivery of such not available produce.
Within 2 days, kindly drop us an email at email@example.com along with the details and we will adjust the amount into your wallet within 2-3 days